Steven B. Effres has received extensive recognition for his trial work. He was selected by The National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of California. Mr. Effres was one of the first attorneys profiled by the Los Angeles Daily Journal in their "Litigation Profile" Series. He has also been "Spotlighted" for his trial skills in medical malpractice and wrongful death cases by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. Mr. Effres, one of the leading lawyers in the country for lawsuits involving lingual nerve damage from dental negligence, has obtained the highest reported jury verdict and result in California, New York, New Jersey and Virginia for lingual nerve injury. The ATLA also awarded Mr. Effres the Public Service Award for Contribution to a Safer, More Just America. He earned the award for his work on the tire separation litigation involving Firestone and Ford Motor Company. Mr. Effres has been noticed in O'Brien's Verdictum Juris because of the influential character of his work. He has also been recognized by the Pasadena Star and the Los Angeles Times for his work in police shooting and child molestation cases. Mr. Effres is especially proud of his firm's role in obtaining justice for children who have been injured or victimized. He has obtained numerous seven-figure results for his clients.
Mr. Effres is a member of several professional associations, including The National Trial Lawyers, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Outstanding Lawyers of America, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He belongs to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Consumer Attorneys of California and the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles. He is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the Diversity Law Institute and the Trial Law Institute.
Mr. Effres has received the Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent rating for the highest level of professional excellence and ethics in the practice of law.
Mr. Effres was also a founder of Lawyers for Social Responsibility. He is a contributing author of the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Handbook, published in 1995. Mr. Effres practices in the courts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, the U.S. District Court Central and Southern Districts of California. He handles cases in other states on a pro hac vice basis (special permission from the court), and he has been consulted by attorneys nationally, including Alaska, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Florida. He has also been a Settlement Conference Officer for the Los Angeles County Superior Court and has received numerous Certificates of Appreciation for his years of services.
A graduate of the Loyola Law School and Philadelphia University, Mr. Effres graduated With Honors at both schools and has practiced law since 1983.
Mr. Effres was selected as a Southern California Super Lawyer for 2006 - 2014. Five percent of Southern California attorneys receive this honor each year. In 2012 Mr. Effres was recognized by Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Southern California as selected by his peers. He has been selected as one of The Top 1% Trial Counsel for Medical Malpractice cases in 2012. He was selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 Litigation lawyers in the State of California for 2013. Less than 2% of lawyers receive this honor.
Mr. Effres is a proud member of Los Angeles Trial Lawyers-Charities. A nonprofit organization founded, funded and maintained by lawyers within the Los Angeles Community. Its members are committed to making a positive difference in the quality of life for people in need.
Areas Of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile, Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents
- Lingual Nerve Damage
- Construction Accidents
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Medical, Legal & Professional Malpractice
- Elder Abuse
- Sex Discrimination
- Wrongful Termination
- Injuries to Children
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1984
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1984
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 1983
- Graduated With Honors
- Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1980
- Graduated With Honors
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Handbook, (Contributing Author), 1995
Honors and Awards:
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of California - The National Trial Lawyers
- Profiled by Los Angeles Daily Journal, "Litigation Profile" Series
- "Spotlight," Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Public Service Award for Contribution to a Safer, More Just America, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- O'Brien's Verdictum Juris
- Recognized by the Pasadena Star
- Recognized by the Los Angeles Times
- Recognized by The Contra Costa Times
- Certificates of Appreciation, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Profiled Los Angeles Magazine as a Southern California Super Lawyer - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Received the Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent rating for the highest level of professional excellence and ethics in the practice of law
- Selected as a "Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America", an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society consisting of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Member
- State Bar of California Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California Member
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Member
- Lawyers for Social Responsibility Founder
- Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Settlement Conference Officer
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- National Trial Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Diversity Law Institute
- Trial Law Institute
August 20, 1958, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
< Back to Lawyers